Monday, April 16, 2012

First Week Of Holidays :)

Well over a week of no school, has been so good! Best holidays ever thats for sure! I have done something fun every day of then. Last week I was living with my counselors from Rotary and they took me to Barrington  Tops with Bronte. Barrington Tops is like a big rain forest in NSW. It was absolutely amazing! Felt as if I was in a completely different country, there were vines hanging down everywhere and waterfalls and big trees like eight feet wide. Bronte and I were swinging on the vines and climbing the trees and walking on trees across the rivers and it was just absolutely beautiful there. We had packed a lunch and then we had a picnic. Was a really fun day. On Easter I went up Tomaree Mountain with one of my friends, her name is Kirra. That was really nice. We walked up the mountain and it took nearly 20 mins and then we stayed up there for a while and had another picnic which was really nice looking out on Port Stephens. Port Stephens (Nelson Bay, Fingal Bay, Shoal Bay) is literally like paradise. It is so beautiful! I am extremely lucky to spend half of my exchange here. :)
Also last week my counselors took me and Bronte and Georgia to the Sydney Royal Easter Show. This show is almost exactly like the Minnesota State Fair. It was a really fun day! We went on a few rides, watched some shows, walked around, bought stuff. Funny story.. Me and Georgia, my friend, were going on a spinny ride where the harness comes down from the top automatically once they press a button and just at the last moment I had realised that I should take off my shoes so I reached down to take them off and then the bar started coming down on my back and I got stuck like that! Hahaha. I was so scared, I started screaming and flapping my arms and legs in the air and then the ride manager came by and thankfully saved me. We were laughing so hard we were crying. Hahahhaha. It was the best! And so yeah that was a great day with Georgia and Bronte, so much fun, so many laughs. :)
For three days straight I stayed at my friends Lisa's house and we just been hangin out with friends every night and since its been rainy during the day we just chill and watch movies. Its been a blast. :) Go on my safari soon. Alls good here, moved into my new family. Its been great also. well thats about all I have to say for now! Hope everyone is good. Take care! Love you all. xoxo
-Bailee Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment