Friday, November 18, 2011

Update!

Sorry I havent wrote in a while, I sort of just forgot to. Well last weekend we went to the Warrumbungle Mountains for the Crooken Mountain concert. It was alot of fun, We went camping and so we got there on Friday night and set up the caravan and I had my own little tent and the boys had swags which are like sleepingbags and a tent in one. So we just had dinner and then hung out with some other kids that were there and just kind of ran around the camp ground it was alot of fun. Then Saturday was when I got my first sunburn in Australia, the concert wasn't until four so we just chilled at the camp site and I got water poured on me haha so I changed into my swimmers and in about three hours I was crazy red. :P  I now wear sunscreen, I did learn my lesson. So then we all got ready for the concert and we were with a big group of people from Gilgandra so we got to the concert and layed our blankets on the ground, our spot was right up front so it was good. And the music was good too, some people went to the front of the stage to dance. I went up for the last song and that was fun. So then it was sort of late when we got back. But it was a fun night hanging out with friends. And then Sunday we packed up kind of early and came home and slept almost all day everyone was so tired. But was a good weekend thats for sure, :)
School has been going great, I actually like going to school to hangout with friends. Ive made some really close friends which is good. All the tenth graders are now done with school for a few weeks so Ill be  going into eleventh grade to finish out the school year, I enjoy year eleven also. :) It is good to be around different people and make more friends.
On Tuesday Vik, Cam, and I went to Wellington for a Rotary presentation. Wellington was about an hour and a half away. But it was worth it, they appreciated my presentation very much. My counselor said it was the best one I had given. :) And the dinner was really good so it was a nice night. When it was time to leave a Rotarian came up to me and told me that I was amazing and was an inspiration for being so young and being such a role model for my country. That probably made my day. :) But anyways they all really really enjoyed it. I also gave the presentation to year ten in English yesterday. All the kids and the teacher liked it. I found out it is alot harder giving a presentation to a room of people that you know and are close to than a bunch of random Rotarians. But anyways I got through that and it went well. :)
This past week the boys, a mate, and I went down to the river to go "golf fishing". It was so much fun! What golf fishing is, is where you take gold clubs and go down to the river and smack fish that swim through. We only hit carp because they are a big pest to everyone here and there is no limit onto how many you can kill. Plus the water doesnt get to deep so its pretty easy too. I think we got a total of twenty for the two days we went out. Its a pretty crazy site, seeing four kids sprinting after these fish swimming so fast and then belting them with golf clubs. Haha. It was a good time. :)
Tonight we are going to go ten pin bowling in Dubbo so that should be good too.
This past week I have experianced a little bit of homesickness but I will get over that. :) Just part of being an exchange student.
Christmas is coming up! I cant wait. Im going to send home a box to my family so its been fun getting presents. :)
I dont for sure have a next host family, they were talking about me living in Nelsons Bay instead of Newcastle. Not one hundred percent sure of what is to happen, but whatever does happen I know it will be an amazing experiance. :)
Well I guess that is about all I have to talk about.
Ill try and update soon!
Love you all! Thanks for reading! :)
Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment