Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rotary Weekend at Tocal.

This past weekend I traveled about five hours east to Tocal, a town close to the coast for a required Rotary weekend together to prep the outbounds and hang out with the inbounds.
We left on Friday, I rode with a Rotarian and another exchange student from Poland. We left around three and got there about nine at night. We stayed at some motel thing, and Karoline had a pretty quite night, we shared the same room. Was'nt the same without Annick, but she will be back in January. :)
Then we had to wake up super early and head over to the Tocal Ag college, where the Rotary weekend was held.
We had quite a bit of seat time, where we would just talk and brief the outbounds going out. Then we had a game of cricket with the rest of the inbounds, I ended up being pretty good at it. Most likely from all my years of softball. It was actually alot of fun. Afterwards we got to head down to the pool and we had a game of water polo. The pool was really nice with a great view of mountains in the background. Saturday night instead of a bush dance this time we had a trivia night with everyone and won lollies and prizes. Then we stayed up till about five in the morning just hanging out and talking. I was so exhausted when I  woke up, I could barely function. Haha.
Sunday morning we had chapel at eight, then we had more seat time and played some space game, then there was a speaker and lunch and then hit the road again.
I was a really good weekend with all the students, I love hanging out with them, were like a big Rotary family. :)
The ride home went by very quick because I slept five hours. Got back to Dubbo around six, drove home to Gil, unpacked, swam some laps, and then went off to bed after watching a little bit of shark week.
This week Ill still be in year eleven, and on Thursday we will have our year ten dinner and get all dressed up, then we leave for Sydney shortly after. Then just one more week of school after this one, and holiday break! Wooo hooo!
For holiday break I am just going to be hanging out with friends, Christmas with the Gardiners, then soon after head over to Newcastle and live with my couselor for a while, come back to Gil for my birthday by bus, then back to the coast to live with an exchange student from Canada, and shortly after moving to Nelson Bay to start my second half of my exchange. :) Busy busy! But it's good to keep busy.
Well thats about all I have to write about, having a good time still. :)
Leave your addresses, or email them to me, Im writing Christmas cards and hopefully will get them sent off soon!
Love you all. Thanks for reading. :)
I'll write next week after we go to Sydney to tell all about it.
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment