Friday, January 27, 2012

Fingal Bay.

Hey everyone, I bet your all wondering how I have done with the switch, getting settled, new family, new house, new atmosphere.
Well I have been doing pretty good actually. :) Yesterday, on Australia day I went to the Aussie day festival in Nelson Bay and helped with the Rotary club selling drinks and food. And then I met up with a girl from Tomaree highschool that is going into year eleven, same as me, and we hung out and went swimming and just chilled. Her name is Bronte, and I have a feeling we will become very good friends, it will be good going to school knowing at least one person now. :) Well anyways after we brought her home my counselors John and Jenny Shaw brought me over to Fingal Bay to where my first host family over here lives. Their names are John and Ella Clarke, theyre about in their sixties and have one daughter, their daughter is a teacher at my school and has two kids, ages three and seven, a girl and a boy, theyre lots of fun and are obsessed with me it seems like. Haha. But yeah the house is a three story house, really nice, can see the ocean from their house. They have a pool also. It is about a two minute walk to Fingal Bay Beach which is a very popular beach around this area. It is very nice. My host dad is very much so into fishing, and he is a retired school teacher and he now writes best seller books for the bay area on fishing and oysters and the history and all that. He is a very nice and fun man to be around. His nickname around here is "Stinker" because of all his fishing. Ella is the administrater at the Nelson Bay college. They are very nice people and my room is nice too, with a big bed and a mirrored wall. I have it all decorated with photos from home and my banner from Gilgandra. Ohh another thing about this couple, Ella was born in Gilgandra and thats how they met! Pretty ironic I reckon.
So today I had a nice sleep in cause I was so busy and tired from yesterday unpacking and getting settled and all that. Once I got up I went to the school to try and get registered, but for some reason they will have to call us back and I will have to go to interviews and possibly wont be starting school the first day back when all the other kids start. But I did get my uniform, the uniform consists of a plaid blue skirt and a white polo blouse. It looks really nice, and since I am a senior now (eleventh grade) my blouse is a different colour to the rest of the underclassmen. After that I came home and threw on my swimmer for a dip in the pool with the kids. And after I had a walk down to the beach and just layed there listening to my ipod watching the waves, completely relaxed with absolutely beautiful weather. :) Was almost picture perfect!
Once I get the wifi set up to my laptop here I will post photos of the place that I am staying. From here on out its like a completely different exchange. Im ready for anything that comes my way now!
Thanks for reading, will update life soon!
Love you all.
-Bailee Jo
Xoxo

Another BIG thanks to Rotary! Without Rotary I wouldnt be where I am today, so again, I thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment